Author and Copyrights: Dr Mariappa Babu Baskar @ World Hospital Directory
Acne Treatment- How to Take Care of Your Skin?
Basic skins care for acne can help you control aggravation and stop scars to a certain extent.
Basic skins care for acne can help you control aggravation and stop scars to a certain extent. Please take the following care -
1. Do not pick acne. Trying to squeeze out blackheads or whiteheads may lead to further infection. Picking up acne at second stage may lead to scarring.
2.There is a misconception that excessive sweat or dirt can cause acne. In blackheads what you see black is not dirt but oxidized sebum. Please do not be harsh with your skin. That will aggravate the acne condition. Gently clean your face with mild soap or cleansers formulated to care for acne and warm water. Pat dry, do not rub.
3. Use noncomedogenic cosmetics and skin care products. Noncomedogenic products are certified to not cause or aggravate acne.
4.Protect your skin with sunscreens. Avoid getting tanned. If you are under treatment for acne, consult your doctor about sun exposure as some medicines make your skin more sensitive to sun.
5. Facials may aggravate your acne. Avoid any kind of facial if you have an acne outbreak.
6. Do you have the habit of touching your acne frequently? Avoid that. Also avoid any bangs coming on the forehead.
7. If you think that more than recommended dose of cream/lotions prescribed for your acne will cure acne faster, it is time to change your thinking. That may harm you rather than helping you.
8. Keep your face free of make up as much as possible. Let the skin breath fresh air. Acne prone skin needs fresh air.
9.Avoid using any oil or oil rich product for your hair. Use oil free hair care products. Oily hair may worsen your acne.
10. Do not get worried if your medication does not produce immediate result in treating acne. Consult your doctor and find out the time during which you would get relief from acne. Do not worry till then. Acne medication takes time to treat acne and produce clear skin.
This article is only for informative purposes. This article is not intended to be a medical advise and it is not a substitute for professional medical advice. Please consult your doctor for your medical concerns. Please follow any tip given in this article only after consulting your doctor. The author is not liable for any outcome or damage resulting from information obtained from this article.